Sunday, August 08, 2010

Reflections from across the Causeway

Hi there! i'm now in Singapore to further my studies over at NUS, and have been here since last Saturday, making it a week since i've touched down in Changi.

it's only been one week, but i m struck by the differences between SG and MS - for one thing, the road signs are mostly in English and there are hordes more Chinese (whether from Mainland China or Singaporeans). i have been mistaken as Korean, Japanese and even Singaporean. but i am very much Malaysian, thank you! :D

2 more days more to classes starting - and i find i m starting to miss (in no particular order):-

1. my family
2. my friends, particularly my CG - Star of the Sea Starries. so happy to have met Grace up today ... squeee
3. my trusty MyVi
4. my printer
5. Bible study
6.Malaysian food, dammit. SG food can never compare, esp regards Chee Cheong Fun and Hor Fun. Chicken rice here still ok. Nasi Lemak and Rendang.

i m not weeping here, but am a wee bit melancholic amidst all the action.

well, once classes kick in, i'll have no time at all to mope :P

3 comments:

elizfong said...

Hahaha! Well, I would agree with you on the food part, I still love the food over here in Malaysia!

Anyway I'm sure you'll settle in after a while, and you'll be making new friends and hanging out together to really feel what you're feeling now.

All the best! ^_^

adriene said...

their char kway teow also fail. sorry singaporeans.

Cheap web design company said...

Snap is an ITES Solution provider based in india with its eminent
and potent team, which caters clients in level of sure satisfaction.

Snaptechno