Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Reflecting anew / Of weddings and new births / mounting a challenge

Reflecting anew - and reevaluating my relationships. it's a fallacy to think that we exist in isolation, and the old aphorism that 'no man is an island' per John Donne rings true.

i've had cause to relook certain relationships in my life after a sequence of events recently, some of which hurt and disappointed me greatly.
perhaps i would have said i ought to forgive and forget, and move on. as if it were that simple. if only. i find that i first need to acknowledge my wounds and accept that it did happen. and taking another look around, find that i too have changed in the passage of time. it was not just the other.
i cannot pretend things are the same anymore. and what happens next?
discerning where this needs to move to, through God's grace and wisdom.
forgiveness comes from acceptance, and i am now struggling with that, even as i come to terms with what happened - learning to overcome the oh-so-human tendency to deny and minimise.

but even then, no regrets. a heart made of flesh and blood can be broken, so why open it up? why even let anyone in? because if i didn't, i could never be fully alive.

***

attending weddings. tis the season to be married. congratulations to dear Vikram and Marietta. i am truly happy for both of you :)

and the season for new births - Anne and Sherry and even my sis! :) little baby Jared who is now 3 months old, your aunty Pet loves you!

don't ask me when my turn is. bf pun takde, how to make the jump??!

***

mounting a challenge keeps me going. counting down the days now and learning to trust more in His love than in my own weaknesses . amen!

No comments: