Monday, March 15, 2010

updates / the truth / gym or bust?

i suddenly realised i haven't actually been updating any readers here of what's been going on in my life so far.
dear readers, i am still alive. naturally. it's just the difference between existing and living ... :P
April sets to be an exciting month as i :

1. attend 2 courses in Bangi. you won't believe it. one is on MS Word, and the other on blog site investigations. well, all knowledge, no matter how obscure, is welcomed.

2. attend 2 weddings, one in Christian Life Centre (Tina and Joshua) and the other in St Ignatius Church (Vikram and Marietta)
- alamak, still haven't got sandals for my dress. shawl clutch etc all more or less settled! >.< -

3. write a special blogpost to commemorate the petrina7 MicroUniverse turning 7 :D
(can't believe it's been that long since i started out, back in April 03. this site has seen me through so much)

4. celebrate Easter Sunday -this Lent has really been Lent. too many temptations and faults and sins. come Good Friday to Easter Vigil to the glory of the Resurrection on Easter Sunday :)

5. graduate from Quick Journey Through the Bible. hehe.

6. celebrate my grandma's 88th birthday in Ipoh. 19th April here i come!

7. pay my taxes. bummer. i just remembered. but maybe the govt will pay me my tax rebates? [twinkly eyed and hopeful]

chock full of things to do. i m tingly with excitement (except item no.7) ... and i need to go shopping! yippykayyay.

***

be unafraid of the truth. it will set you free.
and if the truth tells you that you're carrying a lot of emotional baggage, and being hard and unforgiving and bitter, what do you do?
you turn to the Merciful and Compassionate one, and draw on His grace and strength.
and in recognising just how poor you are, you begin to see the wealth in His blessings and His gifts to see you through the days.

***

gym or bust?
true fitness ... hmmm...
without saying too much, i m not about to enter into a contract that is incomplete.
and fitness first? i have my doubts. and memories of poor service and snobby/rude personal trainers stalking around.
where does that leave me?
i remember Fr Simon's advice about channeling my energies ... i'm still finding that suitable channel. it would be a pity to let this go to waste, and end up eating me up from the inside.
will keep you all posted.

4 comments:

Tina K said...

Amoi, dont forget the speech!!!! ;p i must meet up with u next week to pass ur card and also to spy on ur speech! haha.

Leaving fitness first?? Noooo...they have been good to me, 1st- near my house,
2nd- near my office,
3rd they gave me free membership upgrade to First Club membership,
4th - Jon Tan is still teaching RPM on Mondays in Axis branch (though i dont go there anymore, but secretly I hope Ill be able to attend his class again. He's so *ahem* haha)

haha. hey, we can even work out together this Sunday leh!

d said...

hey my dear friend, dropping by here after a long while of being away from blogosphere.

keep up the excitement about april's activities and events.

wow 7 years of blogging. ; ) mine will reach 4 years in august 2010.

anyway, i hope to write more and also read more blogs. keep in touch ok?

btw, i may call ya soon.. js to catch up.

God Bless!

mary said...

its mary btw.

kakikopi said...

hi petrina,

nice to know what you are up to ;)

7 years old, wow!